- Interview at Telford Business ChamberSid Edwards interviewed at the Telford Business Chamber talks about winning investment from the Design Council’s #SparkInnovation Fund competition and attending the launch of The Design Economy research report at the House of Commons
- There’s an invention in each of usWhen you have a keen interest in a particular activity, pastime or occupation, it is almost inevitable that after some time, the experience leads to an awareness of the tricks and short-cuts to achieve success.
- Attending Telford Business Growth Hub LaunchI am keen to see the Telford Business Growth Hub facilitate connections between local businesses. Meeting space and work stations can be booked and would be an ideal venue for students and manufacturers to collaborate on my Ovalap project.
- Great ideas need a SparkComing up with the great idea is the easy part. The hard bit is setting up a company to successfully commercialise that idea. This is what #SparkInovation can help you achieve.
- New addition to the family of textile fastenersThe Ovalap® works like a zip but won’t get stuck and is easy for all to use. When speed, ease of operation and robust reliability are what is called for the Ovalap® excels.
- British product aims to end zip-related genital injuryThe RipSeam fastener provides a safe solution for an estimated 450 men and boys who suffer zip-related genital injury every year across the UK.
- RipSeam start-up wins investment and bespoke supportI have been selected as a finalist in the Design Council #SparkInnovation programme which was set up to uncover the UK’s next great inventions. 8 applicants have won places on a 20 week bespoke support programme worth £35,000, as well as £15,000 investment to help bring his product to market.
- RipSeam shortlisted for prestigious competitionI am very pleased to announce that my RipSeam product idea has been select among the top 30 applicants in this year’s Design Council Spark Project.
Blog was last modified: October 26th, 2022 by